IPFCC Partnership Award
The IPFCC Partnership Award is a new program that recognizes innovative partnerships among patients, families and health care professionals. For 25 years, the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care (IPFCC) has provided leadership to advance the practice of patient- and family-centered care and ensure that partnerships are at the heart of the health care system. The award recognizes teams of health care professionals and patients/families who, through their collaboration, truly are changing health care.
Award finalists are chosen by an international review committee. Nominations must be received by August 25 to be considered.
The award recipient team and two finalist teams will be honored at IPFCC’s Gala Dinner at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, November 3, 2017.
Note: Although the awards will be presented to the leaders of the teams (one health care professional and one patient/family advisor), the team’s organization is welcome to attend the Gala Dinner and participate in the recognition.
The IPFCC Partnership Award also includes the following benefits:
- An invitation to present a session at IPFCC’s 8th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Recognition of the team and its organization in IPFCC’s e-newsletter, an announcement on the IPFCC website, and in social media
- Two tickets to IPFCC’s Gala Dinner
- A team led by a health care professional and a patient/family advisor who designed and implemented an innovative program to improve care for patients and/or their families.
- The program may relate to any setting across the continuum of care.
- Some evidence or initial outcomes must be outlined in the nomination statement although the program does not yet have to be completed by time of nomination.
A complete nomination must include:
- A nominee’s statement about the team, its collaborative process, and its innovative work (limited to 500 words)
- Two additional letters of support
Nomination submission is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations!