IPFCC staff and faculty have expertise to provide training to leaders to strengthen their ability to advance and support the practice of patient- and family-centered care. We work with you to tailor content to best meet your organization’s priorities and needs.
- Leading Change in Organizational Culture
- Core Competencies for Creating Partnerships to Achieve the Quadruple Aim
- Conducting Assessments to Guide Planning and Change
- Integrating Patient-and Family Centered Care into Your Strategic Plan
- Creating the Expectation and Accountability for Patient and Family Engagement
- Understanding the Business Case for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Building the Infrastructure for Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- Measuring Outcomes
- Sharing Stories to Inspire, Inform, and Educate
- Personnel Practices
- Collaborative Design Planning
In June 2016, Maureen Connor, RN, MPH sat down with Jim Conway, MS, to record a StoryCorps discussion about Jim’s experience as a leader and his view about why patient- and family-centered care is essential.