Changing the Concept
From Families as "Visitors" to Families as Partners
IPFCC is committed to changing policies in 1,000 hospitals by 2017. Rather than viewing family members as "visitors," we are all Better Together when we recognize them as partners in care.
Be a founding member and pledge to join this important initiative along with other hospitals and health care systems. Hospitals that are just beginning to think about changing policies are encouraged to pledge—as well as hospitals that have already begun the process but want to strengthen their commitment and practices.
As a pledging organization, your hospital will be listed on IPFCC's website and have the opportunity to become part of an online learning community to share strategies, challenges, and successes.
Pledging requires a commitment at a leadership level to take one concrete step to begin the change process, for example:
- Review your organization's policy and website, with input from patients, families, clinicians, and other staff
- Elicit input from patients and families about their experience of hospital "visiting" policies
- Complete the Better Together Organizational Self-Assessment
- Review other Better Together resources on IPFCC's website
- Define another action step appropriate to your organization
To pledge to join, complete this form.