The 8th International Conference on Patient- and Family-Centered Care: Promoting Health Equity and Reducing Disparities, was held June 11-13, 2018, in Baltimore, MD. The Conference featured extraordinary programs that address disparities in health and health care, as well as programs dedicated to collaboration among health care professionals, patients, and families to address the challenges in complex health care systems. Presenters shared innovations at the direct care level as well as the organizational, community, regional, and national levels.
The Conference provided opportunities to share innovations at the direct care level as well as the organizational, community, regional, and national levels.
Key Topics included:
- Health Equity Through Partnerships
- Patient and Family Advisors—Essential Allies
- Role of Leadership
- Partnerships in Research and Evaluation
- Education for Interprofessional and Collaborative Practice
- Better Together—Patients and Families as Partners in Hospitals
- Partnerships in Primary and Other Ambulatory Care