11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
National Press Club
Leadership is key to efforts to build systems of care that consistently provide quality, highly reliable, safe, patient- and family-centered care that is cost-effective and accessible to all. It is more urgent today than ever that we bring together thought leaders in health care who are also recognized as exemplars for advancing the practice of patient- and family-centered care to build the capacity of the next generation of leaders.
The IPFCC Leadership Forum will explore essential competencies and roles for leaders of the future. Leadership Circle Faculty are each bringing a future leader whom they are mentoring. The program will be a dynamic discussion among the faculty, the leaders accompanying the faculty, and Forum attendees. The role of leaders to encourage and support effective and sustained partnerships with patients and families and model these partnerships will be a theme throughout the discussion.
Specific topics will include leaders’ roles in:
- Building patient- and family-centered care (PFCC) and partnerships with patients and families across all settings within a health system (acute care, ambulatory care, home and hospice care, long-term care, and affiliated educational institutions).
- Creating PFCC annual operational goals for the organization with Board involvement and accountability.
- Educating about the centrality of appropriate medication management to quality care and outcomes and the necessity of practical support for patients and families in managing complex medication regimens.
- Advancing the practice of PFCC across a state or province.
- Building understanding for the importance of social determinants of health in interprofessional education as a major driver for transformation of the health care delivery system.
- Advancing the practice of PFCC through a professional society.
- Developing, supporting, and sustaining meaningful partnerships with patients and families.
- Patients First - From One to a Million: The role of leaders in linking patient- and family- centered care and partnerships to quality improvement and transformational health care redesign across a provincial healthcare system.
The Forum’s Leadership Circle Faculty—senior executives and patient and family leaders—all serve as national and international exemplars.
Registration Fee: $350
(Includes lunch and materials)
Space is limited.
This event is being held in conjunction with
IPFCC’s 25th Anniversary Gala
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
National Press Club