National Press Club
The IPFCC Leadership Forum explored essential competencies and roles for leaders of the future. Leadership Circle Faculty each brought a future leader whom they are mentoring. The Forum was moderated by IPFCC President and CEO, Bev Johnson, and Board members, Liz Crocker and Bill Schwab. The program was a dynamic discussion among the faculty, the leaders accompanying the faculty, and Forum attendees.
Key questions guiding the discussion were:
- What are roles and key competencies for leaders in advancing the practice of PFCC and developing and sustaining effective partnerships with patients and families?
- What are the roles and competencies of leaders in ensuring that prepared patient and family advisors participate in quality improvement and safety initiatives, in redesign of care processes, in education of health care professionals, and in research?
Special thank you to the future leaders:
- Michael Barnes, MD, Medical Director for Service, Beaumont Medical Group and Co-Director of Integrated Medical Unit, Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak
- Sarah G. Candler, MD, MPH, Primary Care Physician, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, and Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
- Melissa Chen, MD, Assistant Professor of Neuroradiology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Vice-Chair of the Economics Committee for the American College of Radiology Patient Family Centered Care Commission
- Wency Diaz, Senior Patient/Family Leader, Smart from the Start
- Hala Durrah, Patient/Family Engagement Consultant, Advocate, and Speaker
- Kamila A. Frederick, Director, Inpatient Rehab and Respiratory Care, Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Stephanie Gardner, PharmD, Provost and Chief Academic Officer of University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
- Theresa Lash-Ritter, MD, Associate Chief Experience Officer for Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- Todd D. Sorensen, PharmD, Associate Department Head and Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Care & Health Systems, University of Minnesota and Executive Director of the Alliance for Integrated Medication Management
- Jocelyn Watson, PhD, Provincial Improvement Consultant Health Quality Council
A summary of the Leadership Forum is coming soon!
IPFCC’s 25th Anniversary Gala