What is patient- and family-centered care?
PFCC and COVID-19
In the midst of this challenging time, IPFCC is committed to ensuring that the core concepts of patient- and family-centered care are informing changes to policies and practices in ways that promote safety, prevent disease transmission, and support essential family connections. Two new resources have been added to this special section of our website.
As more has been learned about the COVID-19 pandemic, the serious harms of restrictions on family presence are being recognized. This new, free, resource provides tools to help organizations re-visit their policies and achieve a better balance between benefits and harms for patients, families, clinicians, and communities.
This IPFCC report describes PFACs’ performance and impact on hospital strategy and operations as well as the correlation with experience of care and safety outcomes. IPFCC’s consulting and training services can help strengthen your PFAC.
Become a Pinwheel Sponsor
Interested in becoming a 2021 Pinwheel Sponsor? Your organization will gain national and international visibility of your commitment to patient- and family-centered care, in addition to the following benefits:
- Your organization’s logo featured on IPFCC’s website with a link back to your website
- Commemorative Pinwheel Sponsor plaque to display at your organization
- IPFCC’s ‘Emblem of Commitment’ to post on your website to recognize your organization’s commitment to patient- and family-centered care
- National and international recognition for supporting the work of IPFCC
- Discount on IPFCC resources and educational programs
- Set of core IPFCC publications as a new Pinwheel Sponsor